Best Makeup Products For Teenage Skin
I love makeup. Anyone who knows me knows I’m obsessed. And I’m not half bad (at mine or other people’s)! I’d love to start uploading makeup videos, so comment below if you’d like to see some. But in conjunction with my article How I Take Care of My Skin, here’s a list of all the makeup products I use that don’t make me breakout or irritate my skin. I would highly recommend these products because they have never ever failed me.
Tips to maximize your beauty experience:
- Clean your makeup brushes frequently. Even if it’s a quick wash, using dirty makeup brushes makes you more likely to breakout.
- Research makeup products before buying them. Some may advertise themselves as being suitable for acne-prone skin, when many reviewers might accuse it of breaking them out.
- Only wear makeup when you feel necessary.
- Never fall asleep with your makeup on. Check out How I Take Care of My Skin for the skincare routine I follow.
- If these products are too expensive for you, find cheaper duplicates. They’re very easy to find online.
- Baking is your friend if you’re oily like me. I highly recommend baking with the Sacha Buttercup Setting Powder. It advertises itself as being “flash friendly”, and it really is.
- Use makeup with SPF in it. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Lasting Foundation and HOURGLASS Veil Mineral Primer both have SPF in it to make up (no pun intended) for my lack of sunscreen.
Obviously, not everyone’s going to agree with this list. Some of these items may make some breakout, but I find that this is not the case with me. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin, so I would try these products if you fit into any of these categories. If not, try your own routine and comment down below what’s working for you. Just remember that your bare skin comes first, so don’t risk ruining that for a little bit of concealer.